Tornado TR8281 Linear Plaster Wall Light
For a list of product datasheets, please click here. If the product you are interested in is not listed, please contact email@example.com
- Orders placed before 12pm Monday to Friday are dispatched the same day.
- We use a reliable next day courier service as standard for all UK orders.
- UK shipping is completely free. We are also able to ship worldwide from just £40.
- Unlike many other retailers, we are able to re-supply every fitting we have released since 1985, making replacements in future easy.
The TR8281 is a plaster up/down light. This light works well in medium to large rooms and spaces. This timeless fitting was one of the first in our linear range and features balanced proportions with a 110mm projection from the wall. See also our TR9281, a similar fitting with an even slimmer projection.
Supplied with this luminaire is a clear, frosted diffuser, designed to be fitted on at the bottom of the light, obscuring the fitting's innards, reducing glare and also softening and diffusing the light.
Our range of linear plaster wall lights was conceived to suit contemporary interiors. By using clean lines and simple rectangular forms, the designs mirror the shapes and aspect ratios of the walls they are situated on. This leads to a wholly integrated look and a coherent final design. Keeping these light fittings free of superfluous design detail, we have produced a range of minimalist lighting that sits quietly in the background without drawing attention to the luminaires themselves. Each plaster shell provides a pure, brilliant white colour, with a soft matte finish. This level of minimalism and pureness in the finish is unparalleled in any other material and is not attainable through inferior alternatives such as ceramics. Some architects and designers who specify our lights also opt for the lights to be painted, in order to match or colour co-ordinate with existing wall paint. Our lights can optionally be painted with standard emulsion paint, but require a PVA & water undercoat beforehand (see website for details).
This fitting is hand crafted using a modern plaster composite material, designed to be more durable and tolerant to changes in heat and moisture content, whilst simultaneously providing a superior finish. After the plaster is poured and cured in rubber moulds, each fitting is then painstakingly hand finished to our exacting standards. Each exterior surface is left perfectly smooth, with all edges clean and crisp.
We offer the following light source options:
- GLS - Incandescent (lamp not included - typical output: 660 lm, dimmable via rheostat)
- 1xTH - Tungsten Halogen (lamp not included - typical output: 1600 lm, dimmable via rheostat)
- 2xProLED - LED (lamp included - output: 4000 lm, dimmable via varilight v-pro led)
- 2xEcoLED - LED (lamp included - output: 2400 lm, non-dimmable)
- * for full dimmer compatibility, see dimmer compatibility datasheet and check dimmers against "PARATHOM DIM LINE 118"
Tornado has been manufacturing hand-crafted luminaires since 1985 and we are able to provide replacements for every design we have every released. We are committed to promoting high-tech and energy efficient light sources, as well as sustainable and ethical manufacturing processes.